Without giving too much away, the book follows about 3-4 teenage characters life in high school who are each dealing with different issues and struggles. A majority of the characters are female who have different struggles and the book recounts their struggles from the end result (this is where the book starts) to them eventually coming to terms with their struggle and as it implies crawling through it instead of a rounded or underneath it or over it.
The major issue with book that many readers have is the surrealism and the lack of "definitity" that comes from the explanations and the dialogue and the whole setting of the story.
Perhaps, I will spend time on a different day divulging and what I believe the place of arrival is and other things that happened in the book such as the bush man but for now while it is still fresh I just wanted to say that this is the second book I've read by this author and I enjoy her work immensely.
I would put this book on the same level as other books that are somewhat odd but have a deeper message and that show that young adults or teenagers struggle with big issues. I constantly kept thinking while reading this book that would make a great display for YA literature that had a sense of surrealism or a "WTH!?" display book. Or perhaps a display on books I challenge you to finish can you finish this book idea. I would very much put it in the same vein of the surrealism that Libby Bray's "Going Bovine" book is.
This entry I've been saying I read it actually listened to it the same thing I did for "Please Ignore Vera Dietz" which is the other book this author wrote and the audio book is done by the author.
I always enjoy this notion after I have finished the book because I know that the author's true vision is being realized to their specifications. However, I must say that I'm always hesitant whenever I hear the book is by so-and-so and it is ALSO read by so-and-so. So need to get over that, because A.S. King and Neil Gaiman narrate their own audio books and they are freaking amazing.
Comments
Post a Comment