"You have her eyes." As a matter of fact I guess I do have a whole box of her somewhere her/my house. I never wanted to keep the box except my father wanted it and he doesn't even look at it or know where it's at. Who knew it costs over $1,000 to burn a body... to cremate it.
Who knew death was so expensive? You're born and it's expensive,you want to go to school you have to get shots and it's expensive ,and have a child it's expensive, and then you die and it's expensive.
"You have her eyes." I only ever knew her as someone in her forties and fifties not that people and women cannot be beautiful in their forties and fifties but life had been cruel to her which is a longer story for a different day.
I have her eyes. Looking in the mirror will never be the same again for she'll always be staring back now.
"You have her eyes." I guess it would be better to say I inherited her eyes. That I have the genetic sequencing to have my mother's eyes...I mean there's only a 50-50 chance. Or is it more? Am I going to have to draw the Mendel Punnet Square thing and figure this out?
I guess the odds of me inheriting someone's eyes is not that important.
Her older sister says I have her eyes. My estranged aunt says I have her eyes (10 years her senior) THEN I have her eyes.
Just as an FYI , no child wants to be told they have some feature let alone the eyes of their mother...who's dead.
It does not make me feel closer; it does not make me happy; it does not make me look in the mirror and try to re-imagine her face.
It annoys me just like I am sure it annoyed Harry Potter to hear it over and over and over and over.
Who knew death was so expensive? You're born and it's expensive,you want to go to school you have to get shots and it's expensive ,and have a child it's expensive, and then you die and it's expensive.
"You have her eyes." I only ever knew her as someone in her forties and fifties not that people and women cannot be beautiful in their forties and fifties but life had been cruel to her which is a longer story for a different day.
I have her eyes. Looking in the mirror will never be the same again for she'll always be staring back now.
"You have her eyes." I guess it would be better to say I inherited her eyes. That I have the genetic sequencing to have my mother's eyes...I mean there's only a 50-50 chance. Or is it more? Am I going to have to draw the Mendel Punnet Square thing and figure this out?
I guess the odds of me inheriting someone's eyes is not that important.
Her older sister says I have her eyes. My estranged aunt says I have her eyes (10 years her senior) THEN I have her eyes.
Just as an FYI , no child wants to be told they have some feature let alone the eyes of their mother...who's dead.
It does not make me feel closer; it does not make me happy; it does not make me look in the mirror and try to re-imagine her face.
It annoys me just like I am sure it annoyed Harry Potter to hear it over and over and over and over.

Comments
Post a Comment